Ideal for educating, trail riding, endurance, horsemanship, ponies and pleasure riding. The rope LightRider Bridles give your horse the most comfort and you the most versatility of use as a halter (to tie solid with a lead rope) and as a bitless bridle.
Comes with 10mm polyester double braid rope reins to match the size- these reins are designed for lightness and correct maximum release of the chinstrap. Reins are all black except for the Zig Zag colours which match the bridle colour.
Pony/Cob=2.6m (100") reins, Full=3m (118") reins
Ride or lead with ease and comfort.
Your horse will love the releasing chinstrap and lightness of communication.
Made of premium quality yacht braid rope with stainless steel fittings. It is easily washed/dried.
Comes with 10mm rope reins, browband, noseband and chinstrap.
Ride, lead, lunge, groundplay or tie solid with ease and safety.Made of premium quality poly yacht braid rope with solid brass fittings. It's easily washed/dried
- The swivel snaps on the reins enable you to quickly unclip them to make a lead rope and can be easily removed/replaced.
- You can tie solid in this bridle when using a lead rope - or the reins without the rein clips on.
- The covered noseband is made of a soft, polyester material to provide more comfort for the horse.
- The LightRider Natural is made from the best marine grade rope specifically designed for the Equestrian industry, and has top quality brass hardware that is strong, durable and rust proof.
- Fully washable when it gets dirty - just throw it into the washing machine to look good as new. The fiador knot has even been stitched through so it won't work undone in the machine.
The purpose of the soft webbing chin strap is to help the noseband stay in place when pressure is applied to the reins - this keeps the noseband in place, to give clear and direct communication.
When rein pressure is applied the chinstrap becomes snug but does not over-tighten due to the type of webbing used, so most of the pressure is on the top of the nose. This bridle is usually well accepted by sensitive horses.
The bridle can also be used like a straight sidepull by clipping the chinstrap and noseband rings together (recommended if your horse hasn't experienced a chinstrap before).
Polyester Rope Qualitites:
- Polyester is the material that most marine ropes are made from and is used on the outside of climbing ropes to protect them from abrasion. High-tech ropes use polyester to protect them from wear and UV light.
- Firm yet soft and durable (unlike cheap polyethylene and polypropylene ropes typically seen in hardware stores), polyester will not harden or break down with age. It is not affected by water, will not rot, mold or mildew, and is resistant to most acids and oils.
- Knots tied in polyester will hold tight, but can always be undone should adjustment be required. Polyester can be washed with normal household detergents in warm water.
- Colour fast - will have only minor fading over the long life of the rope.
- Low abrasion - polyester produces less friction so that means a greatly reduced chance of rope burn and less abrasion on your horse’s skin.
- Stronger and longer life - Cheap polypropylene halter cords and webbing have a much lower breaking strain (about 30% less) and lose another 30% per year through age. Polyester ropes lose only 3% per year making equipment that can be relied on for much longer.
To check the correct size for a LightRider Bitless Bridle, please take the following measurements:
1: Around the nose (3-4 fingers below the cheekbones
– as shown at 1a).
2:Over the poll (head) from each side of the noseband.
Rope Styles - Natural & Performer
Mini: Nose 33-39cm (13-15"), Head 65-75cm (25-29")
Small Pony: Nose 40-45cm (15-17") Head 70-80cm (27-31")
Pony: Nose 45-50cm (17-19"), Head 80-90cm (31-35")
Cob: Nose 50-55cm (19-21"), Head 88-108cm (34-42")
Full: Nose 54-63cm (21-24"), Head 96-112cm (37-44")
W'Blood/Draft: Nose 63-72cm (24-28") Head 106-130cm (36-51")
The bridles will generally fit the following heights unless they have a larger than usual head:
Mini: Under 9hh (90cm)
Small Pony: 9-11.2hh (90-117cm)
Cob: 13.2-14.3hh (137cm to 150cm)
Full:15-17hh (152cm to 173cm)
Warmblood/draft: solid 17-18hh (164cm to 183cm)