The 3-Minute Secret: Achieve more, Get better results, In less time.
A book aimed for the time-starved 21st-century horse owner!
Do you, day after day, make a promise to train yourself and your horse to be better at something, but when you get to the barn there just doesn’t seem to be enough time? Don’t worry, what really matters is the quality of the training you do manage to fit in. It really is possible to carry out good quality, progressive training with a horse in only three minutes a day. Educator and horse trainer Vanessa Bee’s “light bulb moment” was when she realized that if a training session had a realistic goal, every horse achieved the goal in under three minutes. This led her to create techniques appropriate for use in brief digestible lessons that ultimately produce significant gains in short sessions. This refreshing new method offers 35 ground exercises, 24 ridden exercises, and 25 “real world” exercises that will get you out and about with a safe, sane, well-trained horse.
- Set small, achievable tasks for your horse (and yourself),
- Ensure you reach a positive conclusion in the time you have available,
- Vary tasks from day to day to keep your horse interested in working with you,
- Combine groundwork and ridden exercises to create a safe and sane partner,
- Build gradually and progressively toward a bigger goal,
- Break down complex problems into smaller, easier solutions.
Author: Vanessa Bee
Author Notes: VANESSA BEE is the founder of the International Horse Agility Club and the author of the bestselling book The Horse Agility Handbook: A Step-by-Step Introduction to the Sport. Vanessa has been around horses most of her life, working in racing stables throughout her teens, then driving competitively into her early twenties. With a degree in Education and a qualified teacher, Vanessa has used her skills to develop a series of courses that teach people of all abilities and experiences to achieve a positive relationship with their horses.